Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Writing about Architecture

It has been said that Writing about Art is like Dancing about Architecture. Rest assured there will be absolutely no dancing in this Blog.

Instead I will share my thoughts about architecture in general and home design in particular. I am an architect, and have been one for over 20 years. Writing, for public consumption, is relatively new to me. But somehow after writing an article about porches, Sandee Mahoney (senior designer at Crisp Architects) and I were asked by Taunton Press to write a book on the subject (“On the Porch” to be published April 10th, 2007). And here we are.

Included in this blog will be reprints of a bi-monthly article I write for the regional publication, Dutchess Magazine on the subject of design, construction and architectural practice. I hope that this blog will be as much fun to read as my articles have been to write. And I will do my best to answer any questions regarding home design, time permitting.

Lets dance!

- Jimmy

No comments: